UFM is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all persons. UFM offers fair remuneration based on performance, skills, competitor wages and local fair market value for wages. The company has no tolerance for workplace harassment in any form. UFM hiring policies prohibit the employment of underage staff.
UFM briefs employees on all pertinent subjects related to corporate strategy, policies and procedures on a continual basis. Transparency and openness are encouraged and appropriate channels are set to allow employees to voice their views and concerns. Guidelines for employees to confidentially raise issues related to ethical behavior or legal compliance without fear of reprisal are communicated clearly to all employees.
Ethical business practices
UFM’s Code of Ethics policy promotes ethical business practices, summarized as follows:
- Bribery and pricing collusion are prohibited.
- Free and fair competition is promoted.
- Customers, supplies, national and local authorities are dealt with honestly and fairly.
- Cognizance of supply chain worker welfare and employment conditions is required to ensure that suppliers meet or exceed internationally recognized standards.
- Delivery of services with utmost care towards the environment.
Commitment to employee occupational health & safety
UFM extends its responsibility towards the safety and the well-being of its employees beyond the standard requirements. Commitment to continual safety training, risk assessment and improvement initiatives ensures the development of safety culture within UFM. committed to providing all the necessary programs to maintain a high level of safety and security for employees, sub-contractors and partners.
- Full implementation of OHSAS 18001:2007 standards
- Regular safety inspection of managed facilities
- Implementation of safe operating & emergency procedures
- Regular conduct of safety training programs
Commitment to Quality, Health and Safety
UFM is committed to the concept and practice of total quality, environmental, health and safety (QEHS) throughout the organization and complying with relevant legislation and other The objective is to provide facilities and properties management services in a manner that meets the standards and requirements of our customers as well as fulfilling all related legal requirements.
This is crucial to our customer satisfaction philosophy of instilling confidence in our customer and continually improve Quality, Productivity, Environmental, Health and Safety performance.
UFM commitment to quality, health and safety is paramount to our operation. The delivery of our services follows a stringent adherence to policies and procedures compliant with international standards. Quality measures, environmental, health and safety principles are implemented in our management systems and operational procedures to ensure quality performance and compliance with security, health and safety local legislations.
UFM extends its commitment to quality to include the provision of safe working environment for staff and contractors, the preservation of life safety systems in facilities and the availability of appropriate safety insurances. UFM demonstrates such a commitment through the continual improvement in the implementation of ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 standards and requirements.
UFM processes and procedures are reviewed regularly to improve and sustain quality delivery of facilities management services:
- Highest priority assignment to safety, security, accident prevention and fire protection
- Emergency response planning and preparedness
- Constant improvement of operational procedures, maintenance and safety guidelines
- Continuous assessment of risk with proactive engagement to address weaknesses in facilities